29 August 2012

Today's Nails: Essie Nail Polish in Angora Cardi


Today I'm wearing Essie's Nail Polish in Angora Cardi. This is the second of the nail varnishes my sister got me for my 21st Birthday and I was so excited to wear it.

The polish colour is described as "a creamy, deep, dusty rose" by Essie themselves, but I'm not sure I would describe it as that at all - I would suggest it to be a deep purpley/plum tone. The deep colour seems to suit my skin tone but I was disappointed that it chipped within about 3 to 4 days - I had only done one coat though, so I guess that's reasonable! 

As always, the Essie polishes are fabulous to apply (and difficult to take off because the colour just wants to stay on your nails and is so dark!) and leave a shiny opaque finish after only a coat - very impressive for such a dark colour.  I'm definately going to try adding a glitter layer on top of this colour before adding a topcoat  the next time I wear it because I think it'll really give an edge to this colour and a bit of glam too!

Overall, a really great shade of polish to have in your collection and one which I think is classic and will be worn again and again. Essie's polishes consistently impress me, I just wish I could buy more - 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment