30 March 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie


I've worn this a good few times now and think I'm ready to do a review of the Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie. Getting my hands on this product was a bit of a story in itself but for now, I'll just review the product itself!

In terms of the colour, I picked Berry Smoothie. I wasn't able to test the colours in the shop but I had read a lot of reviews about this particular colour so picked it. To begin with, I was a bit disappointed with the colour for my skin tone but I think that's because I was treating it like a lipstick and not like a lipbutter. You don't need a lot of it to get good strong coverage of colour and it is natural, not too bright and something that is wearable day-to-day.

In terms of durability, the colour does stay for a good length of time for a butter. For a good few hours the colour is strong and then it fades to more of a hint. When I tested it on my skin, the colour was there for hours afterwards - even after washing my hands which shows the durability of it. The actual "buttery" part of the lipstick doesnt last long at all but it does moisten your lips and feels good. It doesnt have much of a taste or smell which is nice and totally unexpected from a lipbutter which I would expect to be packed with fruity flavours.

The packaging is nice with that Chanel-like pattern and its nice to use a lip butter which comes in packaging like a lipstick and not in packaging like a chapstick. The product is a bit liable to melting in its packaging but keep it out of the heat and it should be fine, if sometimes a little messy when you open it!

Overall, I would give this product 9/10 and can't wait to get my hands on some different shades! Which ones would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment